Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dogs Delight 23 Labrador not retriever


I lie on my bed, watching a grey cloud roll across the window, dreaming up ways to escape.  Sometimes I am alone but sometimes I am with the stranger from Evensong.  We rush through an airport together, happy and excited, or hand in hand we tread the gangway of a cruise liner wearing tropical clothes.  We are always laughing.
                                               
When I  hear the door slam as Mrs Dilkes heavily leaves the house I wander downstairs and realise that Bailey has been missing for hours; so I haul on Richard’s waxed jacket and set off to find him in the heavy rain.  Retrievers are meant to retrieve but I am often out in the fields retrieving Bailey and I don’t think he has ever brought back anything useful: just carrion and the large stones he digs up in fields and streams, which wear down his teeth and trip people up as they cross the fields.

Dogs Delight is now available on Kindle at 
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dogs-Delight-ebook/dp/B00CA8XZKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1368550507&sr=1-1&keywords=dogs+delight